BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Online army builder

Hello guys

We a working on new online roster builder - it will help you to have access for your rosters in any place.
    Beta version of [url]http://www.epicroster.com[/url] was successfully launched. While in a state of beta. And it will be great to get your feedback and bug reports.

Please keep in mind, project still in development. So many new features will be added soon.

Feel free to send your ideas and wishes

Thanks
    Epicroster team

Quote Originally Posted by epicroster View Post
    Hello guys

We a working on new online roster builder - it will help you to have access for your rosters in any place.
    Beta version of [url]http://www.epicroster.com[/url] was successfully launched. While in a state of beta. And it will be great to get your feedback and bug reports.

Please keep in mind, project still in development. So many new features will be added soon.

Feel free to send your ideas and wishes

Thanks
    Epicroster team
    That is amazing! Absolutely bloody brilliant! I was expecting a few cobbled together drop-downs. This is not only really impressive in what it can do, but slicker than a greased penguin. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

With such impressive work though, I fear for the consequences if GW spot it. It's got points values in and everything. They might launch the missiles...

Chapter-Master

Gave it a quick try, I'm pretty impressed. I like it. It's kind of slow on my phone, a mobile version would be nice, but that's forgivable since you're just getting up and running.

A couple things:

A duplicate unit option would be very handy, I didn't see one in there.

Grey Knight Rhinos are mispriced at 50pts. They're 40 base.

The statline/special rule output at the bottom is great as a reference, but it would be nice to see it more broken up by unit. The formatting and everything is good, it would just be nice to be able to tell what models are in what unit a little more easily.

For example, it currently says something like
    1 Draigo
    1 Apothecary
    9 Paladins
    4 Grey Knights
    1 Justicar
    1 Rhino

If I sit and look at it for a second, I can figure out what goes where, but I could easily get mixed up if there are a lot of similar units. If you could add a row to break it up, something like:

1 Draigo ...(statline)

Troops: 10 Paladins
    -1 Apothecary...statline
    -9 Paladins...statline

Troops: 5 Strike Squad with Rhino
    -1 Justicar...statline
    - 4 Grey Knights...statline
    - 1 Rhino

That way at a glance I can see that I'm looking at Draigo, 10 Paladins, and a 5 man strike Squad in a Rhino. All you'd need is an extra row preceeding each unit as a sort of line break.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Just a further add, I've now created a full list and printed it off. Absolutely stunning tool. I now have a neatly printed list of my entire army, points calculated, with stat lines everywhere and special rules listed. I even have summaries of all the weapons and wargear effects contained in my army.

I suppose if I'm to follow DarkLink's lead and you want criticisms, then "Slow and Porposeful" is misspelt.

But really great. Everyone should try this out.

Scout

C&D incoming. This will get shut down in a heartbeat. How the others get away with it is taht the actual lists and data files are not hosted by the software makers. Great Idea but GW will shut you down in no time flat.

Chapter-Master

Constructive criticism. This is a beta, after all.

I am getting a little tired of seeing an 'expect a C&D from GW yesterday' in every single thread, though. Yes, GW hands them out more than they should. We get it. It doesn't happen to everyone, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thats actually... really good. My only problem is that I use FW models and there is no option for them. I guess thats to be expected though

First-Captain

Need to check it out. I wonder if it is better than Army Builder. An online army builder for free would be very handy over a 50 dollar download or cd.

I don't really see a c and d for something that is not for profit. However I doubt that the army builder company is allowed to do what it does with gw blessings.

Chapter-Master

Even if you remove GW's protected art you're looking at a C&D quicker than you can say... C&D.

Props for the effort but an online-only roster builder is doomed for take-off due to the way in which GW insists the "data files" are separated from the tool itself.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 11-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

Tried it with making a warband unit. It's not really user friendly.

I would say you should state that the boxes are unit slots instead of getting a bunch of boxes with army art.

Under the warband section I have no options or saw no options to swap out weapons, etc.

For example what if I wanted to make a hotshot carpace armour guy, instead of having a standrad guardsmen knock off.

Another issue was I couldn't swap out power weapons on my crusaders and deathcult.

Anyway when I was done making the unit. 1 deathcult, 1 crusder, 1 warrior, 1 daemon host, 1 banisher and 1 servator who I didn't have weapon options as well. I couldn't read anything in the box. It was just a bunch of mixed up text.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast