BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Latest Rumor Roundup 40K

40K Rumor Roundup

This is master rumor roundup from Dakka's [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/573247.page"]Necronspurs2012[/URL]

11/1/14

40k releases in order
    Tyranids (done)
    Imperial Guard
    Orks
    Space Wolves
    Grey knights
    Blood Angels

(With new white dwarf format, dark eldar and necrons expected to)

40k will also have an expansion released (planet strike), and 40k fortifications for indepent armies, starting with aegis defense lines.

Also the GW site will changed allow the purchase of forgeworld products from online which can also be done in stores. The new site will also feature more hobby tips ans paint schemes. Games Workshop are changing their current look and will have their site, magazinws and stores looking different by the end of the year.

12/1/14
    Quoted from an independant source:

To go with forge world combining web pages with GW, they will release codexes containing their products with all rules, stats and fluff for each army for both 40k and fantasy. These will be similar to supplements with new rules and warlord traits. The prices are said to be similar to 40k hard back codices.

14/1/14
    New gw website:

The new gw website will launch in march. The forgeworld, black library and gw sites will merge as one under the name of Games Workshop. How all books and fw products will be arranged is to be seen. whether all books and novels will be under each army they are about or under a black libary tab and FW products under each army or under a FW tab.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

2-year old Dakka user, and the rumors range from conservative and safe (the army-codex lists), to fairly salty (the WFB 9th Ed ones over in the WFB section). Worth keeping in mind to check back on.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It would be nice to see Dark Eldar redone this year. Maybe with Ward writing it...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I want a story where Vect gets sucked into the warp and duels Draigo. Then they team up and fight their way back out of the warp. Imagine the rage it would cause.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I would love it if GW/Ward would troll the community like that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I want a story where Vect gets sucked into the warp and duels Draigo. Then they team up and fight their way back out of the warp. Imagine the rage it would cause.
    I want a story where Matt Ward gets sucked into the warp period...

Occuli Imperator

warp periods are even worse than normal periods!

Yay Bangles on the horizons, there is way too much xeno love
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Hopefully the new "Written by the Games Workshop Design Studio" line will stop all the author bashing and praising

I hope so too, it's really obnoxious. I mean they all do silly things sometimes, some are better with different things than others and this need the community has for whipping boys to punish for all the perceived ills in their books is really horrid.

Chapter-Master

Only 2 out of five projected future armies are Xenos...

Forgeworld books will be sweet, though. We'll see what they come up with. Hopefully something other than the five million pre-heresy Marine units they've been exclusively working on over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I would love it if GW/Ward would troll the community like that.
    Even better:

Marneus Calgar faces off with Vect. They duel, and Vect loses, and flees to the Webway, but then Fulgrim shows up and tries to claim his soul for Slaanesh. Vect beats him and carves his name into Fulgrim's daemonic heart, but gets dragged into the warp, where he runs into Draigo while Draigo is tearing down Slaanesh's gardens. They realize that in order to escape, they must defeat the champion of each of the Chaos Gods, so they team up to take down Khorne and Tzeentch's champions. Hilarity ensues.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast