BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think about swapping power weapons between tourney rounds

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • powergaming BS

55 98.21%
  • but space marines come equipped

1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    But Terminators in general are a good target for some gamieness. Most are equipped with Unwieldy Fists or Hammers.
    Fists and Hammers are not generic power weapons. You cannot exchange them or swap them out, mid-tournament or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Draigo Wing you can switch out the sword/staff models for axes so you can cut their armor.
    Grey Knight force weapons are Unusual Force Weapons. Why does no one bother to read the Unusual Weapon rules?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Grey Knight force weapons are Unusual Force Weapons. Why does no one bother to read the Unusual Weapon rules?
    Because apparently people would prefer to whine about how OP it is, allegedly, being able to switch between a power sword, power maul, power spear or power axe on certain models between matches.

Because that's going to be what truly tips the balance in the games they have.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Because apparently people would prefer to whine about how OP it is, allegedly, being able to switch between a power sword, power maul, power spear or power axe on certain models between matches.

Indeed. I started on this thread pointing out the rule, but when the OP asked how it could be considered OP I got to thinking. No one has yet pointed out a legal unit that could gain an advantage by switching models between games.

The 2 squads I have that I could switch with my armies are Banshees and Chaos Termies. Banshees are a no brainer and I will always play them with axes until GW says I can't. Chaos Termies are a crap shoot but they aren't ever the focal point of my ability to win with CSM, so it makes little difference.

Still waiting to hear from someone who DOES think switching weapons is OP what squads/armies could do this with any measure of success.

You know we've established that you can switch out between games, but what about mid game? That might be where shenanigans and legal ambiguity abound. I really wish GW hadn't tied rules to WYSIWYG. Such a bad idea from the get go.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    You know we've established that you can switch out between games, but what about mid game? That might be where shenanigans and legal ambiguity abound. I really wish GW hadn't tied rules to WYSIWYG. Such a bad idea from the get go.
    Incorrect. There was no establishing that you can change your models each game. You cannot change your models between games. You submit a list for a tourney and you play that list. You couldn't switch a Chaos Icon between games, even should they be the same points, how then do you propose that you can switch ANYTHING at all on your models between games?

I really fail to see your logic. Please feel free to explain it to me.

Chapter-Master

I think if someone ever asks about it in real life, I'll just start messing with them. I'll tell them that GK force weapons are now based on what you have modeled rather than what they've purchased, then see if I can bull**** my opponent into letting me take free warding staves on everything. That'll teach them not to just skim the rules.

Yeah, I'm not the least bit worried about it.

The one thing that annoys me about the new rules is the lack of AP2 in most units. I played a game last night where multiple combats came down to a pair of challengers with 2+ armor slapping each other with AP3 weapons for the rest of the game. Since only the challengers can fight, you only get 2-3 attacks each, 1-2 hits each, less than a wound each, and then you still get your 2+ save. Screw cinematic, that's just plain stupid.

I like the new ap rules overall, but I think they nerfed too much stuff to be ap3. There should be at least one semi-common option for AP2 at initiative, at least on HQs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid View Post
    Incorrect. There was no establishing that you can change your models each game. You cannot change your models between games. You submit a list for a tourney and you play that list. You couldn't switch a Chaos Icon between games, even should they be the same points, how then do you propose that you can switch ANYTHING at all on your models between games?

I really fail to see your logic. Please feel free to explain it to me.
    Changing an axe for a sword is not chaging your list (unless you want to show me where the entries for a Power "sword", "axe" ect are). Whether you like it or not, it's not a change on the list. Chaos Icons are not the same entry, there is a difference, I.E. A mark of Khorne is a sparate entry from a mark of nurgle, even if they are the same points they are separate entries. Power WEAPONS are one single entry that is dependent on WYSIWYG.

also **** you if I want to change my whole list around between games I will, unless i'm at a tournament.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 07-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The one thing that annoys me about the new rules is the lack of AP2 in most units. I played a game last night where multiple combats came down to a pair of challengers with 2+ armor slapping each other with AP3 weapons for the rest of the game. Since only the challengers can fight, you only get 2-3 attacks each, 1-2 hits each, less than a wound each, and then you still get your 2+ save. Screw cinematic, that's just plain stupid.

I like the new ap rules overall, but I think they nerfed too much stuff to be ap3. There should be at least one semi-common option for AP2 at initiative, at least on HQs.
    Agreed on the lack of AP2.

I can see where it's coming from, but I think that just a bit more AP2 in melee would be healthy...at least shooty terminators are scary in melee now.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Seriously show me where the entry for a power axe is.

Banned

Lol @ bumping the thread to hassle someone to counter an angry rhetorical point.
    And when you say "also **** you if I want to change my whole list around between games I will, unless i'm at a tournament" you should probably check that the person you're insulting isn't clearly talking about tournaments:
    "You cannot change your models between games. You submit a list for a tourney and you play that list."

Darklink, Charistoph was saying swapping out weapons when facing terminators as they will often have low I themselves, so taking axes won't be a great disadvantage, not swapping them on the terminators themselves.

This thread needs one of these:

then some of this:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast