BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Always liked Legion of the damned, and didnt like them jsut being turned into some weird unit entry in C:sm so this is a good move in my eyes. I fully expect it to be like codex inquisition and sisters ect

Battle-Brother

Awesome! I have always wanted to get some Damned Legion Models and now I should be able to use them with Guardsmen and Space Wolves 😃
    Hopefully they will add in other units and not just the one that is allready in the Space Marine Codex 😃

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think GW has misunderstood.

When we said we wanted legion rules we meant CHAOS legions, not loyalist variant number 347
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

LotD was an odd choice for a codex, IMO. Just seems like Deathwatch would've been a lot more welcome and sensible. If we absolutely must have another C:SM supplement/codex, that is.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    edit: Holy Moses! I just looked up Sergeant Centurius on eBay... I win!!!
    Yep he's quite the money grabber he is!

I've been looking for this kind of release for some time, WD during 3rd ed's time period had an small army list for the legion in it, I'm really hoping it will include those options again, I just wish they would do a new sculpting of the Sarge....

A non limited edition one hopefully
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Yep he's quite the money grabber he is!

I've been looking for this kind of release for some time, WD during 3rd ed's time period had an small army list for the legion in it, I'm really hoping it will include those options again, I just wish they would do a new sculpting of the Sarge....

A non limited edition one hopefully
    The rules for him on chapter masters get views every day. There must be a lot of them out there still.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Always liked Legion of the damned, and didnt like them jsut being turned into some weird unit entry in C:sm so this is a good move in my eyes. I fully expect it to be like codex inquisition and sisters ect
    Agreed, this is good, as we can now add them to the IG or Sisters without having to bring random marines along to.

This sets a precedent too, the existence of Harlequins in the Eldar/Dark Eldar Codexes doesn't prevent a separate Harlequin Codex with Solitaires and the like down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    LotD was an odd choice for a codex, IMO. Just seems like Deathwatch would've been a lot more welcome and sensible. If we absolutely must have another C:SM supplement/codex, that is.
    But it isn't a 'C:SM supplement/codex' though, it is it's own entity.

Chapter-Master

Personally, I support the Legion of the Damned getting their own codex. That way, I'll be able to "ally" them in to my Blood Angels or Sisters of Battles armies. It's always bugged me that the Legion of the Damned is supposed to show up mysteriously to support Imperial forces... and yet, strangely, they never seem to do this for the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Dark Angels. And they only recently started showing up to support the Black Templars. And they never show up when it's just Guardsmen or Sisters of Battle dying in the Emperor's name. Weird, I know.

Now that's not a problem anymore.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

they have been around a very loooong time, here is the original Index article from WD 99 way back in March 1988

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legion 1.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	7404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legion 2.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	7405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legion 3.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	7406
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast