BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Ogryns are simply painted to cleanly.

Bit of roughing up and weathering would suit them nicely.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

For me those pictures speak volumes about the quality of the designers at both Forge World and then at GW...

Those Ogryn are the worst models I've seen since from GW since the plastic Warhammer Ogres.....they're totally disproportional, even considering they're supposed to be post/sub human...how hard can it be to design huge freakin' muscle heads with riot shields?!

I love the idea of ogryns/ ogres, but they're totally unrepresented in the GW range, very disappointed....

But the Horus model....justified awesome
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Oh wow! Gas masks for ogryn? My Steel Legion are suddenly getting an ogryn detachment! And I love the last little guy, with the Commisar voxer sitting on his shoulder. It's so comical that the ogryn has no choice but to listen to it!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    I love the idea of ogryns/ ogres, but they're totally unrepresented in the GW range, very disappointed....
    ^This. I'm really surprised by how poor they look. I know it's just initial pics and there may be better ones to come but, so far, I'm really not impressed by these, or any other, Ogryns.

Horus looks great. I can't wait to see bigger, clearer pictures. Should be amazing.

Also, I'm loving the truck 'n' troops. They'll be a happy addition to my growing hoard... er... collection. The Hydra seems like a nice piece too.

On the whole, these are great. Hopefully the Ogryns aren't as bad as they appear, but then I thought that about the Centurions and the Abomination... ahem... Stormraven.
    Last edited by FireHazard; 03-11-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: unintentionally bad grammar
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    Basing military strategy on armored vehicles has not historically worked out in many cases... if they can be defeated by RPGs and IEDs,
    German Blitzkreig 1940, Gulf Wars tank offensives, 6 day war? With Infantry support and air cover Armour is still a Major winner in open country. If it were not so countries would not still be building tanks in numbers.

They look and sound good in real life too.

the new ogryns heads look horrific, the one with the grey mustache is terrible. easily fixed with some ogre bulls heads though and they'd be fine. horus looks amazing.

Oh, I love those shields...
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulermaths View Post
    German Blitzkreig 1940, Gulf Wars tank offensives, 6 day war? With Infantry support and air cover Armour is still a Major winner in open country. If it were not so countries would not still be building tanks in numbers.
    German Blitzkrieg was part of what war again? Can't remember who won that one..

Outside of that, you're cherry picking.. I said in many cases. In current modern conflicts and in Vietnam, more often than not armor proved to be a giant pain in the ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    German Blitzkrieg was part of what war again? Can't remember who won that one..
    The side that built more tanks.

Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast