BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Dune crawlers look much better without the ballet feet, and less Chaosy too.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It looks a lot better in those pics, but the GW site doesnt seem to want to go to the product ranges for me at current which is a bit fail -_-
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yeah, they seem to have broken their site again... I think it might be time to tell the web crew they can either watch YouTube *or* drink pints while they work, not do both.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, they seem to have broken their site again... I think it might be time to tell the web crew they can either watch YouTube *or* drink pints while they work, not do both.
    Yeah, this has happened a good several times now. It's a little frustrating. I mean, I am starting to do that twitchy eye thing that makes people around me question my sanity - so they should really fix it before I go Videodrome on them.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Yeah, this has happened a good several times now. It's a little frustrating. I mean, I am starting to do that twitchy eye thing that makes people around me question my sanity - so they should really fix it before I go Videodrome on them.
    There's a lot of things that can go wrong with databases. I can't imagine how just adding new products could make all the product lines stop working properly on the site, but then, I can't imagine how many a slight change to a PVP function in World of Warcraft could cause a Paladin power to fire off at an insane rate turning them into gods for one shining moment before the change was reverted. Sometimes relational databases are fickle things. Ditto web code. (They could have been trying to push an update at the same time as making new products live, and had an unintended consequence. Can't always catch those before it happens.)

Chapter-Master

There's a lot of things that can go wrong with databases. I can't imagine how just adding new products could make all the product lines stop working properly on the site, but then, I can't imagine how many a slight change to a PVP function in World of Warcraft could cause a Paladin power to fire off at an insane rate turning them into gods for one shining moment before the change was reverted. Sometimes relational databases are fickle things. Ditto web code. (They could have been trying to push an update at the same time as making new products live, and had an unintended consequence. Can't always catch those before it happens.)
    I'll bet you a dollar to donuts that nobody involved in adding the mechanicus or terrain to the website even *knows* what a database is, no less what a relational DB structure is. The thing is run off of an Oracle Content Management system, which belies its underpinnings. If you change your region to en-GB then you can see the new stuff. US it just hasn't showed up yet. What probably happened is that someone didn't set the publish schedule correctly on the backside for the US based site. The old pre-order content page expired before the new pre-order content went live.

In my world of endless databases, rapid application development, federal regulations and irritable doctors and nurses, I've learned to never blame technology first when there's a human behind the keyboard
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Hey, I'm all for assigning blame to an I-D-10-T error, or PEBCAK, but humans also tend to set up those databases, and it's easy enough to do something that mucks up the database.

Very possible the front-end people don't know what a database is, but that'd just be sad... I guess I'm too used to working with people who *do* know what the technology is behind what they're working with. The last time I saw people entering product data who didn't know how a database worked (much less what it is) was when I worked for a firm doing online stores for small businesses. I mean, really small... Biggest was Salt Life.

Chapter-Master

Hey, I'm all for assigning blame to an I-D-10-T error, or PEBCAK
    Isn't that the name of an admech alpha?

(They could have been trying to push an update at the same time as making new products live, and had an unintended consequence. Can't always catch those before it happens.)
    Who in their right mind would schedule a software roll out on new pre-orders day? Roll that out on Tuesday when nobody would notice. Not to mention staging roll outs on a QA server to verify functionality…

Chapter-Master

well I caved in and ordered the codex, two boxes of infantry, and a box of cyborg ninjas. I am not a massive Ad Mech fan, hadn't planned on buying any, but I just love all those new gun types, they look too awesome to ignore.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast