BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Why clanrats and not stormvermin?

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    Why clanrats and not stormvermin?
    Because unfortunately I have no stormvermin, my skaven have always be based around a large horde of clanrats, partially because I'm not paying a bit over $80 au for twenty models I'll need sixty of when I can get the same number of clanrats for $50 au, and partially because I like the look of clanrats with their lack of armour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Casual View Post
    The issue you'll run into is in the the Battleplans what require different victory conditions, and of course, where is the fun sneakiness of a Skaven army? Whats the point of your Army? Is it to win any battle you have?
    The point of this idea is just something that I think could do well, but is also a really funny idea, because I'd rather loose in a stupid way or win in a stupid way then win via a serious manner (well that's how I field my skaven most of the time anyway) that and this idea has potential in the games over a couple sodas with a friend I have of being a hilarious story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But to echo Filthy Casual - if all your games are becoming a central scrum, you're definitely doing it wrong.
    Most of the games I play become a one sided fleeing fest with my skaven, my undead are a finess army in AOS my skaven I'm still trying to find a tactic for, I'm also planing to test a skryre army of eight weapon teams, a lightning cannon, Ikit claw and a meat shield of clanrats
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Meat shield seems about right for Skaven, particularly as one can now shoot into and out of combat.

May also be worth investing in some Stormfiends. Plenty of shootiness, and no slouch when it comes to punching someone up the bracket.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I plan to get Stormfiends but first I have to repaint all my undead to actually have the same colour scheme before I can get more miniatures (that's part of how my budget works, have to finish a project before starting another) another thing I was thinking of getting for supper shoots skryre is another couple of ratling guns
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

My budget works by SPEND ALL THE MUNNEHS.

It's not perfect, but it is fun!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

This is a quick skryre army I can field ATM that meets the balancing mechanic me and my friend use of within a third on model count and within ten on wound count for his dwarves/duardin
    Warlord (5)
    Ikit claw (6)
    Warpfire thrower (3)
    Warpfire thrower (3)
    Poisoned wind mortar (3)
    Poisoned wind mortar (3)
    Poisoned wind mortar (3)
    Ratling gun (3)
    Doom flayer (3)
    Warp grinder (3)
    Warp lightning cannon (6)
    60 clanrats (60)

This has got me thinking more about deployment formations.

Rank and file may be gone the way of the Dodo, but it has potentially made way for more historically inspired formations, like wedges and that.

Before, you had to this with separate units. But now, you can potentially do it with just a single unit, because how you deploy it is far more flexible.

Hmmmm.

I've seen some interesting things with positioning to use the pile in move (which has to be towards the closest enemy model) to move enemy units away from things, pulling them away from a General, for example, or creating a line of sight for shooting attacks

Now I want to deploy a circle of like 70 clanrats with three poisoned wind mortars at the centre so the mortars are as far away from danger on all sides as possible